Plain Kate
Touch Blue
Extraordinary
Three Quarters Dead
Birthmarked
Radiance
Grace
Brown Rabbit in the City
Cosmic
Girl Parts
One Crazy Summer
Clementine, Friend of the Week
Linger
The Birthday Ball
Runaway
Scarlett Fever
The Monstrumologist
Punkzilla
The Irresistible Henry House
A Wrinkle in Time


Kristen's favorite books »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

ALSC 21 Things for 21st Century Kids

Ok, so everybody hit the refresh button. (If there's anyone that still has this blog linked in their feed reader.) I'm going to be participating in the ALSC 21 Things for 21st Century Kids. Yes, I've done similar challenges in the past and even helped run one, but I've never seen one designed for people who work with children. I'm excited about that aspect.
Also, come fall I'm going to have my staff repeat some (if not all) of these challenges.

I've also blogged in the past about KidLit, food, tech challenges, crafts . . .
Often I have considered the logistics of creating a blog for the children's departments and the parents and teachers we serve, but haven't yet followed through on this line of thought. I love the idea of using blogs to keep staff in the loop. We have one in our system, but think there's a lot more potential in the large system I work in.

I'm looking forward to this challenge and hope to gain some ideas and inspiration for using technology with children.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I did a search for "21 things", looking for my blog, and found yours! I can't seem to log back in to blogger... hopefully this is not a sign of things to come! I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this, as someone who's blogged before!