Plain Kate
Touch Blue
Extraordinary
Three Quarters Dead
Birthmarked
Radiance
Grace
Brown Rabbit in the City
Cosmic
Girl Parts
One Crazy Summer
Clementine, Friend of the Week
Linger
The Birthday Ball
Runaway
Scarlett Fever
The Monstrumologist
Punkzilla
The Irresistible Henry House
A Wrinkle in Time


Kristen's favorite books »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Week 3 - Firefox and Addons

I've experimented with any number of browsers. IE, Flock, Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Though I had been using Firefox exclusively about a year ago I settled on using Flock at work and Safari at home. (Because suddenly, every time I had to load a new page in Firefox at work I had to type in my password, and at home it got really slow.)

I'm glad to have an excuse to try Firefox again. I love it. My favorite bits are being able to have multiple rows of tabs open, keywords for searches, determining where tabs open, and control L. I'm big on customization. I'll have to give it an extended preview to see if I run into roadblocks of compatibility like I did the last time I tried to use it at work.

Customization and versatility will become increasingly important in all software we use. The ability to tag bookmarks is fantastic. As the amount of accessible information grows the need for users to organize that information in a way that is meaningful to them becomes vital for success.

No comments: