Plain Kate
Touch Blue
Extraordinary
Three Quarters Dead
Birthmarked
Radiance
Grace
Brown Rabbit in the City
Cosmic
Girl Parts
One Crazy Summer
Clementine, Friend of the Week
Linger
The Birthday Ball
Runaway
Scarlett Fever
The Monstrumologist
Punkzilla
The Irresistible Henry House
A Wrinkle in Time


Kristen's favorite books »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week6 - Podcasting

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Not because I'm finding the challenge particularly difficult, but because the potential for all these tools that we're not utilizing at the library is so great that I don't know where to start. I'm trying to absorb everything, document my ideas and keep in mind that the best way to start is to pick one thing to implement at a time. (The other half of my brain then screams, but we're already behind!)

So, podcasting. . .
I've tried it before. I find I don't listen to them. (I did listen to a Harry Potter one for a little while.) Talk radio puts me to sleep. I need a book on tape or peppy music for my commute. Perhaps I just haven't found any I like enough, yet. But the potential for library use is pretty high. Keeping copyright in mind I can envision using podcasting/vlogging to present storytime to a wider audience or merely demonstrate flannel stories and fingerplays.

I wish there weren't quite so many sticky legal issues with using children's images because I have a ton of programming ideas that would involve podcasting and/or youtube. I also wish there were more time in the day.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hi Kristen. I know what you mean about Podcasts. I always have the best intentions that I'm going to listen the ones I've downloaded, and well, it can be hard to remember. But I also wholeheartedly agree with you about the potential for libraries. Since so many kid libs are very talented storytellers, podcasts could be a wonderful medium.
On another note, your blog looks fantastic! I love the way that you've been refining the look of it. Your visual bookshelf is a really nice touch.
Keep up the great blogging!

-Jeannie

Kristen - 2ndgenlibrarian said...

Thanks, Jeannie. I actually had a few minutes to play around with the gadgets the other day.