Plain Kate
Touch Blue
Extraordinary
Three Quarters Dead
Birthmarked
Radiance
Grace
Brown Rabbit in the City
Cosmic
Girl Parts
One Crazy Summer
Clementine, Friend of the Week
Linger
The Birthday Ball
Runaway
Scarlett Fever
The Monstrumologist
Punkzilla
The Irresistible Henry House
A Wrinkle in Time


Kristen's favorite books »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Week 4 - Image Generators

Other than using our computers to play games the number one thing kids do is look for photos, be it for school projects or their own interest.

I love all the options at BigHugeLabs. Make a magazine cover, movie poster, pocket photo album, etc. There are months worth of activities for kids right there. Create a literary or news magazine and add designing the cover as part of it. Ditto for a movie poster. The possibilities are endless as long as you have interested kids and access to a couple of computers with internet. I can't wait to present some of these options to our fledgling Tween TAB. (I need a better name for that.)

A couple of other image sites I love are:
1. Picnik - my favorite tool for doing simple adjustments to photos, though there are some more advanced options as well
2. BlockPoster - I made some photo backdrops, so kids could pretend they were at the beach.

(I'm having way too much fun making librarian trading cards for some of my colleagues.)

No comments: