Plain Kate
Touch Blue
Extraordinary
Three Quarters Dead
Birthmarked
Radiance
Grace
Brown Rabbit in the City
Cosmic
Girl Parts
One Crazy Summer
Clementine, Friend of the Week
Linger
The Birthday Ball
Runaway
Scarlett Fever
The Monstrumologist
Punkzilla
The Irresistible Henry House
A Wrinkle in Time


Kristen's favorite books »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week5 - LibraryThing and GoodReads

GoodReads, GoodReads, GoodReads. I love GoodReads and far prefer it to LibraryThing. The main reason: there's no limit on the number of books I can add to my account. Also, I get email updates on what my librarian friends around the country are reading. Shallowly, it has a prettier interface.

Which isn't to say that LibraryThing is without it's benefits. I will turn to LibraryThing occasionally for a hard to find book when the details I have are "it's a blue book about a princess". Thanks to the tag search I've been able to find a few titles this way.

It would be interesting to set up online book groups on one of the sites. (Again, I prefer GoodReads.) I'd recommend it for personal use to teens, but can imagine lowering that age when using the site in conjunction with a book club. If we didn't already have an electronic summer reading program I imagine we could create a group in one of the services that would function in a similar way, at least on the patron's side.

No comments: