Plain Kate
Touch Blue
Extraordinary
Three Quarters Dead
Birthmarked
Radiance
Grace
Brown Rabbit in the City
Cosmic
Girl Parts
One Crazy Summer
Clementine, Friend of the Week
Linger
The Birthday Ball
Runaway
Scarlett Fever
The Monstrumologist
Punkzilla
The Irresistible Henry House
A Wrinkle in Time


Kristen's favorite books »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Week 4 - Flickr and Tagging


rotated horizon
Originally uploaded by Kristen Kirk
This is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken. I edited the photo on Picnik to create a horizon parallel with the edges of the picture.

As much as I'm a fan of tagging, I find I don't often employ the practice much myself. I think it is such an incredibly useful tool, but don't take the time to use it. The only website I reliably use tags on is Goodreads.com, where they're called shelves. The reason I tag there when I don't tag anywhere else? I'm obsessive about keeping track of my books and my reading. I tag books with the year I read them in. How else would I know that I'm way off pace for reading this year?

That said, tagging is exceptionally useful in searching and sorting photographs.

No comments: